Derek’s Place needs your help in setting individuals in recovery up for success as they start their recovery journey.
The truth is, life is hard for most of us; we all have our problems! For someone facing substance use disorder starting out in recovery, tackling life’s challenges alone without a helping hand can be nearly impossible. Derek’s Place finds success in helping individuals through their recovery journey by working with them to address each barrier that stands between them and their desire to stay clean. When someone facing substance use disorder first commits to getting clean, fighting the urges to use is a full time job.
The following are some examples of struggles that Derek’s Place hopes to help individuals overcome:
- Improper housing (living in a home with prevalent drug use)
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Physical and mental health challenges
- Advocating for individuals in court and with probation officers
- Transportation to treatment, therapy, job interviews, and work
- Purchasing groceries and showing individuals how to prepare meals
- Peer support
- Feelings of hopelessness
You don’t have to be a recovery professional to jump in and change a life! We have found a tremendous support system in the community here in West Michigan and beyond. So many wonderful members of the public have asked how they can help.
Here are a few ways you can help today!
- Spread the word. Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers about the work that Derek’s Place is doing! Share our website and social media with them. You never know who among you could end up being a great resource for Derek’s Place.
- Gift cards. While we do not recommend ever giving someone early in recovery cash or gift cards directly, gift cards to Meijer, Target, or Aldi donated to Derek’s Place are greatly appreciated.
- Fundraisers. Contact us to setup a pop can drive or other creative fundraiser at your workplace. We would love to hear your ideas! For more ideas and information on how you can organize a pop can drive or other unique fundraisers click here:
Share you ideas with us by filling out the form below.